As the party providing the loan, Banks have the right to appoint a debt collector to contact you regarding the status of your loan payments. This can be done via telephone or direct visit.
In Indonesia, debt collection is officially regulated by the OJK (Financial Services Authority) based on Bank Indonesia Circular Letter Number 14/17/DASP concerning Amendments to Bank Indonesia Circular Letter Number 11/10/DASP regarding the Implementation of Card-Based Payment Instrument Activities.
- Must not use threats, violence or embarrassment
- Must not use verbal or physical violence
- Debt collection can only be done to the debtor
- Must not be done continuously as it may disturb the debtor
- Debt collection can only be done at the billing address
- Only allowed at 08.00-20.00 according to the time zone of the debtor's billing address
- Debt collection that is done anywhere other than the billing address can be done only with the approval of the debtor